Our school entered into a formal collaboration with Sicklinghall CP School in January 2015. In January 2017, the governing boards of both schools, following a period of consultation, federated and became one board- the Federation of Goldsborough CE and Sicklinghall CP Schools. Mr Shillito is Headteacher of both Goldsborough and Sicklinghall Schools and staff, pupils and the schools' Parent Teacher Associations work together to further improve outcomes for our pupils. To find out more about Sicklinghall School, please click here to visit the school website.
Collaborative activities to date include:
- Shared residential for Y4 and 5 to Bewerley Park
- Shared residential for 6 to Fellside, Cumbria
- Shared opportunities for revision and for curriculum enrichment, e.g. Poetry Slam
- Shared choir activities, including a performance at the Royal Hall, Harrogate.
- Work across the two schools as part of the HART Alliance Ambassadors Scheme.
- Shared attendance at sports tournaments in the area.
- Joint Sports Team events and Level 2 Games (e.g. Girls Football).
Federation Guiding Principles
Our federation is committed to providing the best possible standard of care, education and breadth of opportunity for all of our pupils. We shall achieve this through:
- Putting our pupils at the centre of all decisions made at individual school or federation level.
- Recognising that our schools represent distinct communities that are unique in their own right but that share a core moral purpose, a similar set of values and aims and a shared approach to learning.
- Celebrating the Christian values that guide the work of Goldsborough CE School and the community values that guide the work of Sicklinghall CP School and sharing best practice arising from these core values across the federation.
- Embracing the unique strengths of small schools whilst maximising opportunities for all involved.
- Maximising the opportunity to work as a larger team across our two schools to increase the breadth of opportunity and challenge offered to our pupils.
- Committing to high quality training, development opportunity and support for federation colleagues, removing the isolation of working in a single small rural school.
- Challenging all involved in the development of the federation to strive for an outstanding experience for all pupils who attend.
- Providing experiences for all pupils that enable them to embrace their transition to high school with confidence, independence and positivity.