It is very important when choosing a school to look around and have the opportunity to ask questions which are important to you and your child. We warmly encourage such visits and parents/carers wishing to visit our school are invited to telephone the school office to arrange a suitable time.
North Yorkshire County Council is the Local Authority (LA), which is the admissions authority for this school. You will find the information you need to apply for a school place at www.northyorks.gov.uk/admissions, including:
- the criteria used by the authority to allocate school places;
- arrangements for the admission of pupils to primary schools, including any special or social reasons why your child should be given special consideration for allocation to a particular school;
- details of arrangements that apply to particular schools in your area;
- eligibility for home-to-school transport;
- the online common application form, as well as how to complete it, which you need to do to start the application process.
All admissions to the school are processed through North Yorkshire County Council’s Admissions Office. Parents can fill out an online form on the North Yorkshire County Council website (link at the bottom of this page) or download a guidance sheet (below).
If you do not have internet access, you can contact the Admissions Team on 01609 533679 to request a copy of the information to parents/carers, admission to schools information and a paper copy of the common application form.
Admission for pupils starting school in September 2021:
You must submit the online common application form no later than 15 January 2021 for entry into school in September 2021.
Confirmation of the school places allocated to your child will be sent to you in mid-April 2021.
The North Yorkshire County Council website provides the latest advice on this year’s key dates and admission procedures, lists the order of priority for admissions and answers frequently asked questions on the admissions process. Parents who require support with the admissions procedure are asked to contact the school office.