The Goldsborough Sicklinghall Federation support the vision of equalities and diversity where there is a society in which there is a common vision and sense of belonging by all communities; a society in which the diversity of people's backgrounds and circumstances is appreciated and valued; a society in which similar life opportunities are available for all; a society in which strong and positive relationships exist and continue to be developed in the workplace, in schools and in the wider community.
This means that in our schools and setting we need to:
- know our communities (social identity factors of age, gender, disability, social class, religion, sexuality, ethnicity);
- find out about the impact of social identity factors on experiences (analysing the data and asking 'how is it for you?');
- address unequal outcomes by doing things differently and by anticipating need.
- help children and young people to learn to understand others and to value diversity
- challenge prejudice and misconceptions
The attached PDF documents in the Policies Section provides further details - the Equalities Schedule Policy and the school's Accessibility Statement and Action Plan which detail how accessibility will be improved in the following areas:
- Building and Premises
- Communication to Parents, Carers and Families