Spiritual, Moral, Social and Cultural Provision (SMSC)
SMSC is threaded through our curriculum and is clearly planned into each topic through the school’s programme of Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education (PSHE).
Emphasis is placed upon the values required to be a well-rounded citizen of the future and on the British values of democracy, the rule of law, liberty, respect and tolerance. Examples of this provision in school include:
- Visits into school by specialists and organisations – ChildLine, faith leaders, sex education provision.
- Visits from community leaders (e.g. Lepra Health, Operation Keep a Child Warm, local faith leaders).
- Links with the wider community in Knaresborough, across North Yorkshire through our membership of the HART Alliance, nationwide and global through school links. (currently Victoria School in Keighley and Little Voices School in the Philippines).
- Full FairTrade status.
- Weekly PSHE lessons in all classes.
- Pupil involvement in all aspects of school planning and organisation, including School Council, Collective Worship Ambassadors, Ambassadors and Prefects