While Year 4 have been at Bewerley Park, Year 5 and 6 have worked together in an epic project to finish off their half term's topic on Africa.
Their brief (see below) was extensive: in groups of three they had to plan an African holiday for themselves and a responsible adult with a budget of £8,000. Every aspect of their holiday had to be considered and explained in full on their finished posters.
After lengthy feedback to each other, pupils secretly voted on a winning team who demonstrated originality and organisation throughout the process.
There was some terrific teamwork and organisational skills shownby all pupils, and a real sense of purpose to their learning. Well done Year 5 and 6!
PLAN A HOLIDAY!
You have £8,000 to plan an African holiday for three children + one adult.
The holiday can take place any time in the summer holidays (July 22nd – September 3rd 2017)
The holiday must:
- Be at least a week long
- Include at least one African country (see the map of safe countries to visit)
- Involve three types of transport (e.g. aeroplane, bus, boat, train, hire car etc.)
- Visit at least two different destinations (different towns, cities or countries)
The £8,000 budget should:
- Cover the cost of travel and accommodation for the whole holiday
- Consider enough money to buy food for the other days
- Be used for local tourist visits (museums, parks etc.)
You must present your holiday plans in a creative way on one sheet of A2 paper.
The finished presentation sheet must include:
- A line graph (temperature and rainfall of your destinations could be useful)
- A table of information
- A map
- Written text in different genres
- Neatly-drawn diagrams or photographs or artwork