At Goldsborough, our school motto is ‘Working together to be the best that we can be’. We firmly believe that pupil attendance must be regular and punctual to be able to realise this expectation.
The aims of this policy are:
- To ensure that our school attendance target is achieved, thus enabling all pupils to receive a full, broad and balanced curriculum.
- To ensure that all stakeholders receive regular information and communication in relation to attendance and punctuality.
- To ensure that pupils, parents, staff and governors are aware of the importance to aim for 100% attendance and to be at school, ready to learn, on time.
- To provide clear information to all stakeholders to enable them to meet the school’s expectations for attendance and punctuality.
- To enable all pupils to ‘achieve the best they can’.
School policy regarding attendance is set out in the attached PDF document.