Our schools entered into a formal collaboration in January 2015. In January 2017, the governing boards of both schools, following a period of consultation, federated and became one board.
The Goldsborough Sicklinghall Federation has one Senior Leadership Team: Miss Pickard is the Headteacher, Mrs Richards is the Assistant Headteacher and Mrs Chantler is the SENCo.
Subject Coordinators and staff members work strategically alongside the Senior Leadership Team plan exciting curriculum opportunities and to coordinate subjects to further improve outcomes for our pupils.
To find out more about Sicklinghall School, please click here to visit the school website.
Collaborative activities include:
- Shared residential visits
- Shared opportunities for revision and for curriculum enrichment, e.g. Poetry Slam
- Shared choir activities, including a performance at the Royal Hall, Harrogate.
- Work across the two schools as part of the HART Alliance Ambassadors Scheme.
- Shared attendance at sports tournaments in the area.
- Joint Sports Team events and Level 2 Games (e.g. Girls Football).
Goldsborough Sicklinghall Federation Guiding Principles
The Goldsborough Sicklimnghall Federation is committed to providing the best possible standard of care, education and breadth of opportunity for all of our pupils.
We shall achieve this through:
- Putting our pupils at the centre of all decisions made at individual school or federation level.
- Ensuring that pupils at both schools access an anriched curriculum e.g. Forest Schools
- Recognising that our schools represent distinct communities that are unique in their own right but that share a core moral purpose, a similar set of values and aims and a shared approach to learning.
- Enabling the children at both schools are outward facing characters who want to to support their community and others too.
- Celebrating the unique Christian Values that guide the work of Goldsborough CE School that also support the Human Values at Sicklinghall CP School.
- Sharing best practice arising from these core values across the federation.
- Embracing the unique strengths of small schools whilst maximising opportunities for all involved.
- Maximising the opportunity to work as a larger team across our two schools to increase the breadth of opportunity and challenge offered to our pupils.
- Committing to high quality training, development opportunity and support for federation colleagues, removing the isolation of working in a single small rural school.
- Challenging all involved in the development of the Goldsborough Sicklinghall Federation to strive for an outstanding experience for all pupils who attend.
- Providing experiences for all pupils that enable them to embrace their transition to high school with confidence, independence and positivity.